WHAT IS GEOTHERMAL ENERGY?
Geothermal energy is naturally occuring heat found underneath the Earth’s surface. Since the temperature underground is constant — between 50 and 60°F — it is ideal for heating and cooling your home.
HOW DOES A GEOTHERMAL SYSTEM WORK?
A geothermal heating and cooling system is made up of three parts:
- Underground heat exchanger
- Heat pump
In the winter, the underground heat exchanger absorbs heat from the ground and transfers it to the heat pump, which pushes that heat into your ductwork.
In the summer, the heat pump collects heat from your home and transfers it to the much cooler earth below.
WHY HEAT & COOL YOUR HOME WITH GEOTHERMAL ENERGY?
A geothermal system…
- Is the most energy efficient home comfort system available
- Provides $3 to $4 of heat for every $1 spent on electricity
- Is twice as efficient as an air conditioner
- Helps you lower your energy bills year-round
- Reduces your environmental impact
- Is eligible for rebates and tax incentives